Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

A new beginning


It was a lazy day where my mind was busy as ever my soul not at peace, So I figured I'll vegetate I landed up on this movie Eat pray love by Julia Roberts and something in me kept me from flipping from that channel. The story revolves around a divorcee that goes to Rome, India and Bali to find herself.. Both she and her estranged husband still love each other, but its not the same somethings changed between them so they part ways .. In her quest to -heal herself and to find the word to describe what she wants of herself and her world.. she travels.. She meets with new people and has some amazing experiences.. and in the end finds her true love and the word.. "attraversiamo" which basically means " lets cross over" in Italian. It got me thinking how all of us are constantly searching for ourselves .

Our identities are always in relation to another person.. we are a daughter, son, sister, brother, spouse, friend or parents but individually what are we if we are none of those?
I would like to believe I'm an individual in flesh and blood with a heart full of feelings and a mind full of ideas. But Im still lost?

I remember the time when I used to write .I used to sing and dance. A silly joke would send me rolling on the floor laughing and sadness make me choke with tears. All those "emotions" as they are called are lost on me since I loved.. What am I now?

The questions keep haunting me day in and day out.. and today I think I've found my word .. Attaversiamo. As we embark on a newer year I want to cross over to a time where I still believe.. my heart sings and soul dances and I tear up with laughter and the touch of my love feels like a breeze on top of the most amazing mountain ..

Don't know what the future hold's in store, but I sure hope this year brings me the courage to fly to great heights and confront my biggest foe that stays within me..After all this I would love to say Attraversiamo ll mio amore (lets cross over my love) to where theres courage to accept that failures are not permanent and shall pass , there is determination to plow on to reach my goal , compassion to lend a helping hand to the one in need and love thats as vast as the universe itself.

A new beginning thats what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment