Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Lesson learnt

Often times we hurt those closest to us in ways that we cannot fathom . Are the stressors in life that important that we have forgotten to smile or give a hug or say a kind word ? I wish I could say that my heart is as pure as that of my canine partner. Every day and every moment he teaches me life lessons that no text book, parent, spouse, friend, family or teacher can or have covered. He's taught me, that it doesn't matter whether you were born to stars or are a product of dust, what matters is how you are as an individual.

What I have learnt from my dog is to grab life by its horns and enjoy every moment and every second of it. Be it while getting those yummy treats or during meal times, play times or during down times. Every moment is a celebration of life , relationships and Nature. There is nothing wrong in running amuck or  rolling in the grass or mud as long as you come back and shake things off.

We humans have weighed ourselves down with  worries, stress, malice, fear, complaints and comparisons which keeps us from enjoying the very essence of life. This is especially true with every passing generation. If we look at nature or even look back in history we like other creatures were meant to 1) be born, 2) eat, 3) when there is abundance of food & water be happy, 4) procreate and 5) die. But somewhere along the line between birth and death we complicated our existance and brought along burdens of everyday life.

We increased longevity as a race but decreased health in the process. We increased creature comforts but brought in comparisons , malice and stress to be one up than the other.. We have forgotten the true meaning of bliss.

In this rat race of life, everybody wants to be the head and hopes and pushes the other to be the tail. We forget the body is as important (if not more ) to sustain the head and to grow the tail. My dog has taught me to be the body , the being that nourishes the mind and body as a whole as we are incomplete without one or the other. He's taught me to cherish every little morsel of food whether it is for thought or for hunger and be thankful for all the people and things in my life. Happiness is not always with big expensive things.. even a stick or a cardboard box can bring so much joy and excitement to a dull moment.

My upbringing had taught me to learn from our mistakes. My dog has taught me to forgive mistakes. Family and friends have taught me to love them, while my dog has taught me to love everyone and every creature. People had taught me to respect those with power, My dog has taught me power lies within each one of us and is worthy of respect no matter what race , color, creed or form it is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment